Our expert team is our difference.
Swift Trade is always looking for commercially minded professionals with a passion for trade and agriculture. At Swift Trade you are the intersection of information for markets, suppliers, products and clients. You have to develop good market judgement and client relationships, which require a unique set of attributes that range from supply chain knowledge to resilience.
If you tick any of the boxes below, please submit an enquiry through our contact form about joining the team. Whether you’re just starting out or an accomplished professional, we highly regard candidates who are multilingual and have experience in meat and trading.
- A specialist in building relationships.
- Motivated and proactive.
- A supportive team-player.
- An effective negotiator.
- A graduate from the areas in Business, Economics, Agricultural Science or similar.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on an as needed basis
Documentation Manager Full-time
About the Role:
The Export Documentation Manager will be leading our experienced Documentation team to deliver compliant documentation whilst providing exceptional customer service. This is a key function contributing to the ongoing success of our global meat trading business.
In our newly created role, you will provide direct support to the Shipping Manager, offering leadership and responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of import and export documentation and records. The successful candidate will manage the work allocation for the team, along with processing documentation and assisting in the development of import and export systems. This role involves close collaboration with both our internal and external stakeholders.
Our Spring Hill office has a highly professional, but relaxed atmosphere focused on teamwork and success that provides for a great workplace environment.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage a team to deliver accurate documentation within SLAs
- Daily review of team volumes and work distribution, along with issues to ensure our contracts are processed accurately and efficiently
- Monitor forward orders and team capacity
- Working with external & internal team to ensure customer expectations are met
- Ensure compliance to and certification of all import/export protocols as per DAWR legislation and guidelines, along with export and import laws and regulations
- Complete documentation, maintain databases and shipment records and approve Service Provider invoices, including accounting accruals
- Escalate issues in line with internal policies
- Training and Continuous Improvement of the Documentation Team
- Input into Process, Policy and System development, and ownership of implementation in the team
- Back up Shipping Manager when on leave
Along with possessing an enthusiastic, motivated and practical attitude, the successful candidate will be able to encourage and coach the team to deliver the best possible service together by:
- Proven experience with accurate export documentation handling and managing documentation issues (including RFPs and other certificates)
- Demonstrable experience in challenging administrative roles
- Reliable, mature, trustworthy and take ownership of your work & team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict management
- Adaptable & flexible to a changing Operating Environment
- A high level of attention to detail, ability to prioritise and plan
- Sees an issue & takes action, showing initiative in all parts of the role
- Strong aptitude in Excel and all Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to Learn & Grown within the Role
Benefits include (but not limited to):
- Centrally located, COVID safe office
- Heavily discounted meat products
- Retail discounts with national partners
- Health insurance discounts on Bupa Health and Medibank Private.
If you’re passionate and want to be a part of the largest meat, pork and salmon manufacturer and producer in Australia, this opportunity may be for you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding this opportunity.
You can also apply through our LinkedIn page.